Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wrung Out

I'm a mess, you guys.

In the wake of a horrible week (or two) during which the entire universe seemed to be screaming 'GET OUT OF THAT MARRIAGE' at me, I told The Man that I needed to separate. Yep, you heard me. Of course, we can't even begin to afford a true separation, so he's living in the guest room.

It's awful.

Now I REALLY need to get a job so that we can truly get some distance.

I just... I can't believe that I've allowed myself to go on like this for so long. I'm a wreck. I've put on weight. I'm cranky all of the time. I'm jealous and suspicious and I spend countless hours obsessing over what he could be doing. It's not o.k. for this to be me. I cannot continue to be this woman. It is imperative that I find my way back to being healthy and happy so that I can raise a strong, healthy daughter.

I hate it that I'm here. Here is hard. Here makes me feel like a dummy who was too blind to see that her husband has been cheating on her for years and years. Here makes me feel like a doormat who wanted so badly for everything to be 'like it should' that she repeatedly went back to a man who never changed.

I wish that I could find another way to get there, but for now, the only way out that I can see lies in making some space.

3 comments:

  1. You could always steal a motorcycle......and some designer pumps. Or you could have a trained ninja monkey who steals lego pieces do it for you. You have loads of love (and the support of a trained ninja monkey).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, yet so proud of you that you've pushed him out. Stay strong, my dear friend. I so wish I was there physically for you to bring you comfort, and perhaps a latte or bottle of wine. You are NOT a doormat, and being that you're making some strong choices NOW is something your daughter can look up to and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys.

    Kitts - please send the monkey asap.

    ReplyDelete