Monday, April 18, 2011

Gimme A Minute

Last night I was in bed reading. The Man was still puttering about the house. I had just gotten really comfortable when our old guy cat came in and started yelling at me. Since I thought he was outside, this was a surprise.

I got up and went to investigate. I couldn't find The Man anywhere inside. This meant that he was outside. That means that he was smoking. I started to get tense and angry - he's supposed to be quitting! Then I saw him. He was kicked back in one of our patio chairs with his feet on another chair. He was smoking, yes, but he was also so relaxed... just staring at the almost-full moon and enjoying himself.

I felt all of my anger and tension drain away. I walked outside and kissed him on the head. I told him that I loved him and I went back to reading.

We can disagree about the smoking later.

No comments:

Post a Comment