Sunday, February 13, 2011

Harumph.

While I had hoped that all of my 'I'm out in the open! No secrets means that you don't scare me' tactics would keep the level of crazy at a bare minimum, I guess that I was also secretly itchin' for a fight.

It has been 3 whole days without even a whisper of response. This constitutes a serious win for Team Self Esteem, but it also means that I need to readjust my mindset. When you've girded your loins for battle, the adrenaline and excitement stay high. Learning that the battle has been called off means that you have to take off your armor, put the weapons into storage (or beat them into plowshares), and refocus your energy into things that are helpful to you.

I am coming down just in time for the double whammy - Valentine's Day followed immediately by my birthday. The Man and I have not celebrated Valentine's Day in... ever. We decided from the get-go (back in our - eeeeek! - early twenties!) that Valentine's Day was for suckers and rather than setting ourselves up for unmet expectations and disappointment that we would simply forgo the whole thing. In theory, it's great. In practice, I hate it. I love red. I love love. I love romance. I love surprises. But since I said that I didn't care (17 years ago), he took me at my word, and has become the ultimate non-gift-giver. Yay.

Whatever. At least I have my dignity (hah!)... and my family (yay!)... and a delightful theoretical disregard for all things Valentine's Day... xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment